"Just wanted to send a quick note thanking you for a flawless first transaction. You are running a model eCom..."
May We Also Suggest
- By David_W @Sep 03, 2010
Modern business faces the challenge of dramatic growth of digital data, including documents, emails, applications, and so on. To deploy the IT environment with a reliable, affordable and expandable storage center to securely store, share, and back up the digital assets has become an important task for the server managers of the SMB and entry-level enterprise nowadays.
TS-559 Pro+ houses up to five 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives, incorporates Intel® Atom™ 1.8GHz dual core processor and 1GB memory, and is capable of delivering ultra high performance, reliability, and lower power consumption during intensive data transfers. The NAS is an efficient and powerful business storage center with advanced iSCSI services, cross-platform data sharing, and all-in-one server applications. With VMware® Ready™ and Citrix® Ready™ certification, and proven compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V environment, the NAS is an ideal shared storage solution in the virtualized and clustered environment.
Brand New Turbo NAS Series for Business
The Most Affordable and Flexible Virtualization Solution
TS-559 Pro+ is certified as compatible with VMware® vSphere4 (ESX 4.0 and above) and Citrix® XenServer virtualization platforms, and is also compliant with Windows 2008 Failover Cluster. The NAS can be utilized as the network shared storage of VMware, Citrix virtualization environments and Windows clustered servers. Comparing with traditional SAN (Storage Area Network), the NAS is a competitive alternative with much lower setup and maintenance costs in an IP SAN.
Feature-rich and Integrated Applications for Business
The NAS supports file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX platforms. Versatile business applications such as file server, FTP server, printer server, web server, and Windows AD (Active Directory) support are provided. The dominant features, such as WebDAV, Share Folder Aggregation (also known as DFS), IPv6 and IPv4 dual-stack, Wake on LAN, schedule power on/ off, HDD S.M.A.R.T, comprehensive log systems, and policy-based unauthorized IP blocking are all included.
New iSCSI for Virtualization Deployments
Turbo NAS provides flexible and secure storage server deployment with the following enhanced iSCSI features:
- NAS + iSCSI storage solution
Turbo NAS can serve as a NAS (network-attached storage) for file sharing and an iSCSI storage concurrently.
- Flexible multiple LUNs management
The NAS supports multiple LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) and iSCSI targets. The LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from, and switched among different iSCSI targets.
- Secure IP SAN environment deployment
Designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking, the advanced ACL (Access Control List) offers you the capability to block the access from unauthorized initiators.
- Designed for virtualized and clustered environments
Comparing with the high cost of Fibre Channel SAN, Turbo NAS is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware, Citrix and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
|iSCSI Features ||QNAP NAS ||Other NAS |
|VMware Ready® certified iSCSI array || || |
|Citrix Ready™ certified iSCSI storage || || |
|Windows 2008 Hyper-V and Failover Cluster compatible || || |
|SPC-3 for clustered environment deployment || || |
|MC/S for failover, load balancing and performance gain || || |
|MPIO for failover and load balancing. || || |
|LUN masking for advanced security || || |
|LUN mapping for flexible management || || |
|Thin Provisioning for efficient disk usage || || |
Storage Expansion by Virtual Disk Drive (VDD)
The NAS supports flexible storage expansion by stacking other iSCSI targets on the network via its built-in iSCSI initiator. The connected iSCSI targets are turned into "virtual disk drives" of the NAS to provide more storage capacity.
Superior Performance and Energy-saving Design
The NAS delivers superior performance and high reliability for critical business applications. It is optimized to achieve low noise and low power consumption for environment protection.
SAMBA/ FTP Access
- FTP/SAMBA Testing Environment: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50GHz/ 4GB DDRII RAM, WD640AAKS 640GB, Windows 7 Enterprise 32 Bits,Intel PRO 1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter 82571
- FTP/SAMBA Testing Method: Connect the TS-559 Pro+ and PC to switch, upload/download 5GB File without Jumbo Frame, FTP Tool: File Zilla
Wake on LAN
Enable this option to power on Turbo NAS remotely by Wake on LAN.
HDD Stand-by Mode
Save power consumption by enabling this option to make HDD enter stand-by mode if there is no access within the specific period.
Scheduled Power On/Off
You can create schedules to automatically turn on, turn off, or restart the NAS. Up to 15 schedules can bet set.
Abundant Business Features
Turbo NAS provides diversified server applications in the business environment.
Adobe Flash Player?
|1 || ||FTP Server |
You can set up Turbo NAS as an FTP server and share the files conveniently with your friends or customers.
|2 || ||Encrypted Remote Replication |
The data on Turbo NAS can be backed up to or from other Turbo NAS or Rsync servers over the network.
|3 || ||File Server |
Turbo NAS allows file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for you to access the share folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
|4 || ||Printer Server |
Turbo NAS supports USB printer sharing over the network (max. 3 USB printers).
|5 || ||Backup Server |
Turbo NAS offers you the most complete backup solution with Apple Time Machine support, remote replication to an Rsync server, Windows client backup software NetBak Replicator, and third party backup software support, and so on.
|6 || ||Virtual Host Supported Web Server |
You can host multiple websites on Turbo NAS with the built-in web server and virtual host feature. The NAS supports PHP, MySQL, HTTPS connection, and SSL authentication. It is the ideal solution for you to create your own websites, e-shops, blogs, content management system (CMS), wiki, and so on.
|7 || ||Surveillance Station |
You can connect to maximum 4 IP cameras via Turbo NAS and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording, and playback features.
| || ||IPv6 |
Turbo NAS supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes your NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
Advanced RAID Management with Hot-swap Design
Turbo NAS offers RAID 0, 1, 5, 5 + hot spare, 6, 6 + hot spare, single, and JBOD disk configurations. It also supports hot-swap design that a failed member drive of a RAID configuration (RAID 1 or above only) can be replaced by hot swapping without turning off the server.
Online RAID Capacity Expansion
The storage capacity of a RAID configuration can be expanded by replacing the larger hard drives. All the data will be kept and seamlessly moved to the newly installed hard drives without turning off the server.
Online RAID Level Migration
You can upgrade the disk configuration to higher RAID level with the data retained without turning off the server.
Complete Data Backup Solution
The NAS offers complete backup solution for data protection, including cloud-based storage backup (Amazon S3), Apple Time Machine support, encrypted remote replication, third party software backup, one-touch-copy backup and QNAP exclusive Windows-based utility NetBak Replicator. You can choose different backup modes for redundant data backup.
- Windows Client Backup Software - NetBak Replicator
QNAP NetBak Replicator is a utility provided for you to back up the files and folders from Windows PCs to Turbo NAS and restore the data. This software supports instant data backup and recovery, file filter, scheduled backup, and more.
- Third-party Backup Software
The NAS is compatible with popular third-party backup software, for example, Acronis True Image, CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, and Symantec Backup Exec.
- Remote Replication by Rsync
The data stored on the NAS can be remotely backed up to another QNAP Turbo NAS or to Rsync servers by Rsync over the network.
- Apple Time Machine Backup and Management
Mac users can back up data from MacBooks to the NAS via Time Machine. This feature largely saves the storage space of your MacBooks. You can also specify the storage space dedicated to Time Machine backup on the NAS and manage the backup data easily via the web-based administration interface.
- One-touch-copy Backup
You can configure the one-touch-copy button on the front of the NAS to copy the data from the NAS to an external storage device or vice versa. The NAS supports EXT3/EXT4; NTFS and HFS+ file systems for high speed data transfer and enhanced compatibility between the NAS and Windows PC or Mac OS X.
Benefits of Dual LAN Deployment
The Turbo NAS supports multiple bonding modes: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing)
Practical System and Authority Control Management Tools
| ||Instant SMS and Email Alert |
You can configure the SMTP server and SMSC server settings on the NAS in order to receive instant system warning or error messages by email and/or SMS.
| ||SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) |
You can collect the information, warning or error of the NAS and send to maximum 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
| ||Comprehensive Event Log System |
Detailed logs of file-level data access to the NAS via SAMBA, iSCSI, FTP, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, and SSH, and networking services accessed by online users are all recorded.
| ||S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced HDD Health Scanning (HHS) |
S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) helps you monitor the hard disk drives status. Moreover, Turbo NAS supports HHS (HDD Health Scan) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
The fan rotation speed is automatically adjusted according to the server's temperature. You can also define the system temperatures to trigger high speed or low speed fan rotation. By manually setting the fan rotation speed, the fan will rotate at the defined speed continuously.
Policy-based Automatic IP Blocking
To prevent the NAS from malicious attacks, you can create an IP filter policy to allow, deny, or auto-block the IP address or network domain which attempts to connect to the NAS via SSH/Telnet/HTTP(S)/FTP/Samba/AFP.
All the system event logs and connection logs can be saved to a remote Syslog server.
Detailed System Information
You can view the system status, such as CPU usage, total memory, free memory, packets received, packets sent, error packets, system up time, CPU temperature, system temperature, hard disk drive temperature, and system fan speed.
AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption
The disk volume with AES 256-bit encryption can only be accessed by an authorized encryption password or key. This prevents the NAS data from unauthorized access and data breach even if the hard disk drives were stolen.
*The data encryption functions may not available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries.
DOM Architecture and Fail-safe Dual OS
Two operating systems are built on the DOM of Turbo NAS for system booting alternatively upon every system startup. When one fails, the other one will be used to boot up the NAS, and the failed OS is recoverable from the other healthy OS.
Touch-N-Go PC-less Installation
You can use the front panel LCD display to complete the first time installation in a few simple steps. Turbo NAS will automatically complete the hard disk formatting and RAID building.
Windows Active Directory (AD) Authentication
You can import the user accounts* from a Windows AD domain to the NAS to let the domain users access the domain and the NAS with the same login settings. The NAS also supports setup of large amount of users and user groups.
*200,000 domain users and user groups can be imported according to QNAP's lab test.
Shared Folder Aggregation
You can easily access the share folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking through the "portal folder" on Turbo NAS. This saves your time and effort to login different servers one by one.
This feature allows multiple Turbo NAS servers on the same physical network to be protected by a single UPS via receiving UPS notification about abnormal power supply.
Web File Manager
Turbo NAS provides a web-based management interface Web File Manager for you to access and manage the server data anytime, anywhere by a web browser. Web File Manager supports intelligent data search, batch files upload and download, file extraction, and so on. With the support for encrypted data transfer and access control management on the NAS, you can access and share the data by Web File Manager securely.
ISO CD/DVD Archiving and Sharing
Turbo NAS supports mounting ISO images of CD and DVD discs as network shares for data archiving, storage, and sharing. This feature saves the space for storing the physical discs, reduces the risk of data loss caused by disc wearing and tearing, and enhances the performance of data sharing on a business network.
Multimedia Station is a web-based application which lets you watch your photos and videos, and play music on the NAS by a web browser. You can also share the multimedia files with your friends and publish photos to popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Plurk, Twitter, Blogger, and so on.
Data Access by iPhone and Android Mobile Devices
QNAP offers a free multimedia application QMobile for users of iPhone and Android handsets to carry all the multimedia files on the NAS in their pocket. You can stream videos, watch and upload digital pictures, play music that are stored on the NAS over the network and share your music playlists with other iPhone or Android phones users.
Software Expansion via QPKG
You can maximize the usage of Turbo NAS by installing additional QPKG software packages developed by the users and community worldwide.
- by David_W @Sep 03, 2010
|CPU ||Intel® Atom™ 1.8GHz Dual-core Processor |
|DRAM ||1GB RAM |
|Flash Memory ||512MB DOM |
|HDD ||2.5/ 3.5" SATA x5 |
- The system is shipped without HDD.
- For the HDD compatibility list, please visit http://www.qnap.com/pro_compatibility.asp
|HDD Tray ||5 x Hot-swappable and lockable tray |
|LAN Port ||2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port |
|LED Indicators ||Status, LAN, USB, eSATA, Power, HDD 1, HDD 2, HDD 3, HDD 4, HDD 5 |
|USB ||5 x USB 2.0 port (Front: 1; Back: 4) |
Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc.
|eSATA ||2 x eSATA port (Back) |
|Buttons ||System: Power button, USB One-Touch-Backup Button, Reset button |
|LCD panel ||Mono-LCD display with backlight |
Enter button, select button for configuration
|Alarm Buzzer ||System warning |
|Form Factor ||Tower |
|Dimensions ||185 (H) x 210.6 (W) x 235.4 (D) mm |
7.28 (H) x 8.29 (W) x 9.27 (D) inch
|Weight ||Net weight: 5.1 kg (11.24 lbs) |
Gross weight: 6.5 kg (14.33 lbs)
|Sound Level (dB) ||w/o HDD installed: 34.3 dB |
Stand by: 34.3 dB
In operation: 35.0 dB
(with 5 x 500GB HDD installed)
|Power Consumption (W) ||Sleep mode: 22W |
In Operation: 44W
Power-off (in WOL mode): 1W
(with 500GB HDD installed)
|Temperature ||0~40°C |
|Humidity ||0~95% R.H. |
|Power Supply ||Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, Output: 250W |
|Secure Design ||K-lock security slot for theft prevention |
|VGA ||Reserved VGA interface for maintenance |
|Fan ||1 x quiet cooling fan (12 cm, 12V DC) |
Supported Operating System
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista (32/ 64 bit), Windows 7 (32/ 64 bit), Server 2003/ 2008
- Apple Mac OS X
- Linux & Unix
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 7 & 8 or later
- Firefox 3 or later
- Safari 3 & 4 or later
- Google Chrome
- Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
- Internal HDD: EXT3, EXT4
- External HDD: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)
- Dual Gigabit LAN with Jumbo Frame
- Multi-IP Setting, Port Trunking/ NIC Teaming (Modes: Balance-rr, Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad/ Link Aggregation, Balance-tld and Balance-ltd.)
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (3.2), NFS (v3), FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, iSCSI and SNMP.
- Network Service Discovery (UPnP, Bonjour)
Network File Sharing
- CIFS/SMB (Plus DFS Support)
- NFS (v3)
- USB One Touch Backup (Import/Export)
- Apple Time Machine Support with Backup Management
- Block-level Remote Replication
- Work as Both Rsync Server & Client
- Supports Encrypted Replication between QNAP NAS Servers
- Back up to External Storage Device
- Back up to Cloud Storage (Amazon S3)
- IP Filter
- Network Access Protection with Auto-blocking
- HTTPS Connection
- FTP with SSL/TLS (Explicit)
- Supports SFTP (admin only)
- AES 256-bit Volume-based Encryption
- Encrypted Remote Replication (Rysnc over SSH)
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Instant Alert via Email, SMS, and LCD
- Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0 / 1 / 5 / 5+Hot Spare / 6 / 6+ Hot Spare
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion
- Online RAID Level Migration
- HDD S.M.A.R.T
- Bad Block Scan
- AES 256-bit Volume-based Encryption
- RAID Recovery
- Bitmap Support
- Supports ISO Mount
- iSCSI Target
- Multi-LUNs per Target
- Up to 256 LUNs
- Supports LUN Mapping
- Supports LUN Masking
- Supports SPC-3 Persistent Reservation
- Supports MPIO & MC/S
- Virtual Disk Drive (via iSCSI Initiator)
- Stack Chaining Master
- Max. Virtual Disk Drives: 8
Server Virtualization & Clustering
- Supports VMware vSphere (ESX/ESXi 4.0 and above)
- Supports Citrix XenServer (5.0/ 5.5)
- Supports Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V & Failover Clustering
- Wake on LAN
- Scheduled Power on/off (Max 15 settings)
- Automatic Power on after Power Recovery
Access Right Management
- Max User Accounts: 4,096
- Max Groups: 512
- Max. Share Folder: 512
- Batch Creating Users
- Import User List
- User Quota Management
Windows AD Support
- Domain Users Login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP and Web File Manager
- Supports NTLMv2 Authentication
- AJAX-based User Interface
- HTTP/HTTPS Connections
- Alert Notification (Email & SMS)
- Smart Fan Control
- SNMP (v2 & v3)
- UPS Support with SNMP Management (USB)
- Supports Network UPS
- Resource Monitor
- Network Recycle Bin for CIFS/SMB and AFP
- Comprehensive Logs (Events & Connection)
- Real-time Online User List
- Syslog Client
- Firmware Update
- Backup and Restore System Settings
- Restore to Factory Default
- Web File Manager
- Multimedia Station
- Download Station
- Surveillance Station
- iTunes Server
- UPnP Media Server
- Apache Web Server
- MySQL Server
- QPKG Plug-ins
- QNAP Exclusive - QMobile
- 3rd Party UPnP Media Player
- Web Applications
- P2P Applications
- MLDonkey (eMule)
- Server Applications
- SSOTS (Squeezebox Server)
- XDove (Mail Server)
- Media Server
- PS3 Media Server
- Optware IPKG
- Java Runtime Environment
|Powerful All-in-one server |
- File Sharing Across Windows, Mac OS and Linux/ Unix Platforms
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP(3.2), NFS, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- QNAP Web File Manager
- FTP over SSL/TLS (Explicit)
- Max Concurrent Connections: 256
- FXP Supported
- Passive FTP Port Range Control
- FTP Bandwidth & Connection Control
- Unicode Support
- HTTP/ HTTPS Connections
- Supports WebDAV Connection
- Support Virtual Host
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Built-in MySQL Server
- Web-based Management via phpMyAdmin (QPKG)
- Remote Replication Server (over Rsync)
- Apple Time Machine Support
- QNAP Client Backup Application-NetBak Replicator
- 3rd Party Backup Software Support: Acronis True Image, CA Brightstor, ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec, LaCie Silverkeeper
- Audio and Video Sharing
- Smart Playlist for iTunes Client (Windows & Mac OS)
UPnP Media Server
- Built-in TwonkyMedia Server (DLNA 1.5 Certified)
- Real-time & Background Photo Transcoding
- Supports UPnP/ DLNA Media Player
- Game Console: PlayStation 3, PSP and Xbox 360
- Digital Media Adapter/ Player
- Mobile Device (e.g. iPhone/ iPod Touch with UPnP/ DLNA Applications)
- Supported Formats:
- Music - MP3, MP4, M4A, M4B, 3GP, APL, AC3, M1V, M4V, MOV, AAC, AMR, AWB, WAV, PCM, LPCM, MP1, MP2, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, SND, WMA, OGG, FLAC
- Photo - JPG, JPE, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Video - WMV, ASF, VDR, AVI, XVID, DIVX, FLV, MPG, MPE, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MPEG, SPTS, M2P, M2V, MP2T, MP2P, MPG2, DVR-MS, VOB
- Network Printer Sharing (USB)
- Max Printers: 3
- Supports Photo, Audio and Video
- Image Slide Show and Rotation
- Automatic & Schedule Thumbnail Generation for Easy Browsing
- Display Photo Details from EXIF: Date, Exposure Time, Aperture, etc.
- Display Audio Details from ID3 Tag: Album Cover, Title, Artist, Album, etc.
- Access Authority Management
- Multimedia (Video & Audio) Streaming
- Supports Cooliris
- Supports Web Publishing (Facebook, MySpace, MSN Live, Twitter, Plurk, Blogger)
- Supports E-mail Publishing
- Supported Formats:
- Photo - JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG
- Audio - MP3
- Playback: FLV, MPEG-4 Video (H.264 + AAC)
- Transcode: AVI, M4V, MPG/MPEG, RM/RMVB, WMV
- QNAP Exclusive iPhone App - QMobile
- PC-less BitTorrent/ FTP/ HTTP Download (up to 500 tasks)
- BitTorrent Download
- Supports TCP/ UDP Tracker Protocol
- Schedule Download
- Configurable Port Range
- Bandwidth Control
- UPnP NAT Port Forwarding
- HTTP/ FTP Download
- Configurable Saving Directory
- Bulk Download with Wildcard Setting
- RapidShare Download Support
- QNAP Download Management Software: QGet
- For Both Windows & Mac OS
- Manage the Download Tasks of Multiple QNAP NAS Remotely over LAN or WAN
- Supports 4 IP Cameras (Optional Purchase) for Network Surveillance
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer. Warranty length may vary depending on manufacturer and product.